What is support?
If you decide our support is right for you, you can contact us on a one off basis to get the information/support you need or you can contact us as many times as you need. You will initially speak with our duty team who can help provide short term phone or face to face support in our office.
Our duty team will listen to you and will provide you with any information you need, this will include helping you to develop a safety plan, and if needed/available help you to speak with our refuge team about our accommodation.
If you need or want regular emotional or practical support and don’t need or want refuge accommodation our duty team can refer you into our outreach service (there may be a wait to have a support worker allocated to you but you can speak with the duty team while you wait).
Our support teams will provide you with a space to speak about how your experiences have impacted on you, and help you to deal with this. We won’t ask a lot of questions and you don’t need to go into details about what has happened to you if you don’t want to.
Everything you tell us is confidential, unless we think there is a serious risk to you or someone else. If we ever do have to share information about you in order to keep you safe, we will always talk to you about that first.
Our support service can help you with the following:
- Risk identification and safety planning
- Support to look at housing options including where appropriate the provision of refuge accommodation
- Information about the legal process and support to access legal advice
- Help to rebuild self-esteem and confidence that may have been affected by domestic abuse
- Support to help identify the different tactics perpetrators use and how this has impacted on your health and wellbeing
- Support to develop additional ways of coping with the impact of the abuse you have experienced
- Support with your financial wellbeing
- Support to help rebuild relationships with children and other family members
- Help you to access support from other agencies and services
Make a donation
If you’d like to help us make a difference in women, children and young people’s lives please follow the link below.
Work for us
If you’d like to work or volunteer for us, you can see our current vacancies here.
- @EngenderScot Emma was a loud voice in our sector and will me missed. Deepest condolences from your sisters @womensaidSL. 1 week ago in reply to EngenderScot
- Women continue to face significant jobs risk. Female redundancies at the end of 2020 was 76% higher than the peak reached during the height of the financial crisis. For male redundancies the difference is only 3%. #COVID19Pandemic #GenderInequality theguardian.com/world/20… 2 months ago by FORWARDUK
- We’ve launched our new website which was developed with the help of women, children and young people who use our services. If you or your children need help or support please get in touch ☎️ 01355 249 897 or 0141 404 0025 (mon-fri 9-5) wasler.org.uk/what-is-do… 3 months ago