Click here or press Escape to leave this site now
24-hour helpline 0800 027 1234
Call WASLER direct Mon-Fri 9-5 01355 249897
0141 404 0015

Girl calling 999

If you or your mum are being hurt and need help right away, you can call the police by dialling 999. You should give your name, address and telephone number and tell the police what is happening.

Don’t hang up because the police will call back to make sure the call isn’t fake and this could give your dad, step-dad or mum’s boyfriend/girlfriend your boyfriend/girlfriend the chance to tell them everything is okay and the call was a mistake. If you can’t speak dial 55 so the police will know the call is real or leave the phone off the hook so they can hear what is going on.

The police will come to and talk to you, your mum, dad or any other adults/people who. They should make sure you are okay and have not been hurt. They may take away the person who was violent, shouting at or threatening. Whatever happens you should remember that it is not your fault and your dad, step-dad or mum’s boyfriend/girlfriend your boyfriend/girlfriend has gotten themselves into trouble.

If you are not in danger, the best thing you can do is speak to an adult you trust about what is happening. Maybe someone like a teacher, or perhaps a relative. You can also get in touch with an organisation like Childline (0800 1111) or the NSPCC (0808 800 5000) – calls are free and you don’t even have to give them your name.

There are lots of people who can help you and your mum – you don’t need to feel alone. Everyone has the right to be and feel safe.

Make a donation

If you’d like to help us make a difference in women, children and young people’s lives please follow the link below.

Donate to WASLER

Work for us

If you’d like to work or volunteer for us, you can see our current vacancies here.

Vacancies and volunteering


  • DrJessTaylor profile imageIf ‘alcohol is the number one rape drug’ as we keep being told by ‘prevention campaigns’, and ‘alcohol causes rape’, and the police and govt truly believe that to be the case, why not close down all bars, pubs, revoke all licences and stop the sale of it? 1 month ago by DrJessTaylor
  • womenslibrary profile imageOpen Forum: Housing is a Feminist Issue, Wednesday 22 September, 2.30pm - 5pm Presented in partnership with @Living_Rent this online workshop will explore housing activism as part of feminist struggle, with a focus on creative organising & union-building.… 1 month ago by womenslibrary
  • EngenderScot profile imageWe need to find effective solutions for ending sexual and sexist harassment in the workplace. This survey asks you to share (anonymously) anything you've experienced or witnessed, & what happened next, to help inform this work👉🏾… [CN: examples in thread] Twitter embedded image 1 month ago by EngenderScot