Women’s Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire are an independent charity who work with women, children and young people with experience of domestic abuse (this can be current or historical abuse).
How to refer women into our service
We are able to support women who are still in a relationship (whether they are looking to stay with their partner or looking for support to leave) or who have left their partner.
We are able to support women with the following:
- Risk identification and safety planning
- Support to look at housing options including where appropriate the provision of
- refuge accommodation
- Information about the legal process and support to access legal advice
- Help to rebuild self-esteem and confidence that may have been affected by domestic abuse
- Support to help identify the different tactics perpetrators use and how this has impacted on women’s health and wellbeing
- Support to develop additional ways of coping with the impact of the abuse women have experienced
- Support with women’s financial wellbeing
- Support to help rebuild relationships with children and other family members
- Help to access support from other agencies and services (we can advocate for women in meetings with professionals and agencies)
To make a referral please get the woman’s consent to refer into our service, if possible please confirm how we can safely make contact. Referrals can be made by calling 01355 249897 or 0141 404 0015 or by completing this form and emailing to email@example.com.
How to refer children or young people into our service
We are able to work with children and young people who have experienced abuse in their home (as a result of a parent or carer being abused) we can also support young people who have experienced abuse in their own relationships. We provide an independent person for children and young people to speak to about what has happened and about any worries they may have on a one to one basis. We also have a family support service which will work with mums and kids to help repair any damage that has been done to their relationship
We are able to support children and young people with the following:
- Helping to develop safety plans;
- Support to understand their feelings and emotions and how to deal with these;
- Support to help them understand what domestic abuse is and how it has impacted on them and their family;
- Support to help them understand what their rights and responsibilities are and how they can access their rights;
- Support with managing relationships with their family or friends
- Support to help them have their voices heard in decision making processes which affect them
To make a referral please get the non-abusing parent/carers consent if the young person is under 12, if over 12 please get the young persons consent to refer into our service, if possible please confirm how we can safely make contact. Referrals can be made by calling 01355 249897 or 0141 404 0015 or by completing this form and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a donation
If you’d like to help us make a difference in women, children and young people’s lives please follow the link below.
Work for us
If you’d like to work or volunteer for us, you can see our current vacancies here.
- Stable LA funding is possible then 👍🏽#16DaysofActivism #WhatAreYouDoing? ‘In Conversation: Collaborative and Stable Commissioning for Domestic Abuse Services’ – Scottish Women’s Aid and East Ayrshire Council womensaid.scot/in-conver… 12 hours ago10 hours ago by hrussell__
- The family are now listed as homeless and await a permanent offer of accommodation. Staff begin twice weekly support sessions to aid their recovery from domestic abuse. 10 hours ago in reply to womensaidSL
- The family were given an address to met our our staff at refuge with their belongings. Staff helped with familiarisation of the space, surroundings and completed paperwork needed. 10 hours ago in reply to womensaidSL